09 - 10 September, 2020
Sopwell House Hotel & Spa, St Albans, UK
Agenda Day 2 - 10th September 2020
Thursday, September 10th, 2020
11:25 AM Oxford Style Debate: Retailers Who Don’t Embrace Marketplaces Will Fail To Grow in the Coming Years
- With more than 60% of online searches starting on Amazon, this is the future of retail: no-one can afford to avoid marketplaces
- Marketplaces like Amazon help sellers to stay on top of the game by monitoring competitors and giving them access tools to manage inventory
- The negative impact to your brand awareness of not selling on the leading marketplaces makes it essential to sell via them
- Marketplaces offer a quick return but are not suitable for long term growth – traffic needs to be pushed to your own platforms
- Marketplaces such as Amazon are becoming increasingly difficult to work with as they don’t know whether to treat retailers and brands as customers
- So many big brands are stepping away from Amazon, this proves it hasn’t worked for them
- If your brand is a critical part of your equity, by handing over responsibility to a marketplace you are losing control of your brand
12:15 PM CEO Fireside Chat followed by New Opportunities Networking: Startup Driven Innovation or How Can You Reinvent Traditional Retail
- Why innovation is a key driver to reach business excellence?
- How do you remain disruptive and relevant?
- Is the industry more favorable towards risk-takers that don’t follow traditional retail models?
- How can you create not just a brand but a community of loyal customer who share the same value as your business?
- Do you provide the right product to the right person at the right time?