09 - 10 September, 2020
Sopwell House Hotel & Spa, St Albans, UK
Agenda Day 2 - 10th September 2020
8:15 am - 8:40 am Registration, Networking & Coffee
8:40 am - 8:50 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks & Attendee Orientation
TRANSFORMING FULFILMENT TO SUIT YOUR CUSTOMER
8:50 am - 9:10 am Day 2 Opening Keynote: Rethinking Your Fulfillment Strategy to Drive Growth for the Business and Meet Customer Demand: Getting this Costly Part of eCommerce Right
- When the Amazon style of delivery is the new normal, how quickly do you need to deliver? Understanding what it is that your customers want when it comes to speed of delivery
- Improving customer retention through getting the delivery experience right: working on the omni-channel journey
- How to plan your fulfilment strategy now and over the forthcoming years as you expand
- What are the latest technologies that allow you to improve delivery and returns tracking?
- How can you reduce the huge cost of warehouses? Choosing whether to fulfil centrally or locally
- How to make more sustainable choices in packaging, delivery and stock management
9:10 am - 9:50 am Panel & Polling: How Can You Offer Great Customer Experience and A Consistent Journey From Digital through to In-Store, Reservations and A Range of Delivery Options?
- How do you create the best omni-channel experience for a customer if you are an online and in-store retailer?
- 360 integration of omni-channel – How to achieve consistent customer experience and personalisation across all touch points
- What makes a great eCommerce Click & Collect service and which collection options are working best for other retailers?
- What the future stores look like? Anticipating future customer needs
- How you can ensure you are helping drive your company’s sustainability agenda through your fulfilment strategy?
Mark SimsFuture Shop Blueprint
Charles-Emmanuel NelisHead of Digital
Kirsten GrovesHead of Digital Experience and Web Proposition
James LeechHead of Digital Product
9:50 am - 10:10 am Case Study: Where is my parcel? Fast and Efficient Classifier to Detect User Intent in Natural Language.
- How Asos.com is introducing state of the art NLP/chatbots applications to Fashion Retail?
- What are the challenges using ML & AI?
Fabon DzogangLead Scientist on ConversationalAI
10:10 am - 10:15 am 5 minute transition
10:15 am - 10:45 am Private business meetings for you to benchmark solution providers
10:15 am - 10:45 am Networking Time
10:45 am - 10:50 am 5 minute transition
10:50 am - 11:20 am Private business meetings for you to benchmark solution providers
10:50 am - 11:20 am Networking Time
11:20 am - 11:25 am 5 minute transition
EXPLORING MARKETPLACES & PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
11:25 am - 12:15 pm Oxford Style Debate: Retailers Who Don’t Embrace Marketplaces Will Fail To Grow in the Coming Years
- With more than 60% of online searches starting on Amazon, this is the future of retail: no-one can afford to avoid marketplaces
- Marketplaces like Amazon help sellers to stay on top of the game by monitoring competitors and giving them access tools to manage inventory
- The negative impact to your brand awareness of not selling on the leading marketplaces makes it essential to sell via them
- Marketplaces offer a quick return but are not suitable for long term growth – traffic needs to be pushed to your own platforms
- Marketplaces such as Amazon are becoming increasingly difficult to work with as they don’t know whether to treat retailers and brands as customers
- So many big brands are stepping away from Amazon, this proves it hasn’t worked for them
- If your brand is a critical part of your equity, by handing over responsibility to a marketplace you are losing control of your brand
Goley Freelance Group
12:15 pm - 12:35 pm CEO Fireside Chat followed by New Opportunities Networking: Startup Driven Innovation or How Can You Reinvent Traditional Retail
Julien Callede Co-Founder MADE.COM
- Why innovation is a key driver to reach business excellence?
- How do you remain disruptive and relevant?
- Is the industry more favorable towards risk-takers that don’t follow traditional retail models?
- How can you create not just a brand but a community of loyal customer who share the same value as your business?
- Do you provide the right product to the right person at the right time?
12:35 pm - 12:40 pm 5 minute transition
12:40 pm - 1:10 pm Private business meetings for you to benchmark solution providers
12:40 pm - 1:10 pm New Partner Opportunities Networking session
Following the Fireside Chat, this is a chance for you to connect with other retailers who are open to partnering to see whether they may offer your business an opportunity for growth.
1:10 pm - 2:10 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
BENCHMARKING FOR SUCCESS
2:10 pm - 3:10 pm Drill Down Roundtables: Discuss and benchmark the latest solutions and strategies with your peers. Ensure you find what is right for your company while learning what worked and didn’t for others just like you.
1) Conversational Commerce – How to Connect with Customers at All Stages of the Customer Journey and Create a Seamless Customer Experience through Live Chat
2) Payments – Taking a Look at the Latest Trends in Payments for Retailers
3) Marketing & Data – How to Better Integrate Data Sources so all Information is in One Place Giving you better Visibility On Which Spend is Working Best - Grant Baillie, Head of Customer Marketing, Post Office
4) Agility – How to Increase Your Flexibility, Agility and Speed of Testing to make Quicker Decisions
5) Personalisation - How to Use Customer Data Intelligently to Personalise Offerings Both In-store and Online - Dave Robinson, Head of Loyalty & Personalisation, Boots
6) Apps - How to Improve Customer Experience by Optimising your App: Identifying Pain Points, Improving Design and Searching for a Smoother Customer Journey.
7) Ratings & Reviews - Rethinking Digital Strategy to Take Advantage of the Viral Effect of Reviews and Ratings
8) Subscriptions – How to Drive Your Subscription Model Online and In-Store
9) Fulfilment - Improving Stock Visibility and Availability for Customers through Technologies such as Distributed Management Systems
3:10 pm - 3:30 pm Closing Keynote: What Future Technologies Could You Be Taking Advantage of Now To Jump Ahead of your Competition Rather than Waiting until they Are Widespread?
- AR & VR: How retailers are already seeing returns from artificial reality and virtual reality: should you be considering such technologies for your business?
- Automation: How can you use some of the developments in warehouse automation to reduce costs and drive efficiencies in your business today?
- Voice and conversational commerce: how can you overcome the data privacy hurdles to give customers the personalised experiences they want now?